Manual cleaning can include brushing or scrubbing. This a simple way to remove fouling and is used on both shellfish and culture trays.
- Scrubbing and/or brushing.
Key Factors Positive
- Effective against fouling.
Key Factors Negative
- Labour costs are generally high (can be up to 30% of total costs).
- Contributes to approx. 9% of total person hours.
- The use of manual labour probably represents the strategy resulting in the lowest mortality on stock. However, it is time consuming and with high labour rates can contribute substantially to production costs.
|© Copyright www.crabproject.com|